Grants: PVSS Academic Awards
Announcement: Two (2) $14,500 GRANTS FOR RESEARCH
OR CLINICAL TRAINING will be awarded during the 37th ANNUAL
BUSINESS MEETING, June 2012, National Harbor, MD
Application Deadline March 31, 2012
FACULTY AWARD - $14,500
Eligible - One PVSS member
Faculty implies holding a faculty position at the time of grant activation or during the life of the grant. Senior Vascular Surgery trainees (2nd year fellows or 5th year residents) are eligible. The applicant should be an active PVSS Member in good standing.
FELLOW, RESIDENT AND STUDENT AWARD - $14,500
Eligible - One fellow/resident/medical student working in vascular research
Fellow, Resident and Student implies being a Vascular Surgery fellow or resident, a General Surgery resident, or a medical student committed to a vascular surgery project, each with a PVSS Member mentor and ideally each a PVSS Candidate Member (membership application can be submitted with grant proposal).
- Introductory Letter (1 page)
- Letter of support and oversight from VS Division Chief (1 page)
- Biosketch for PI (NIH format, 3 pages)
- Other support (NIH format)
- Title and Abstract (<200 words)
- Grant Proposal (9 pages)*
- Specific Aim (1 page)
- Background (2 pages)
- Preliminary Data (1 page)
- Project (5 pages)
- Literature citation list (exempt from page limit)
- Budget with justification** (1 page)
- Page margins: Layout and format should conform to current NIH standards
- Failure to abide by the submission format will result in administrative withdrawal of the grant
- A summary and financial statement are required within one month of the grant award notification
- A summary and paper are expected to be presented at the 2013 Spring meeting of PVSS***
- Applications must be complete and received by March 31, 2012.
* The grant proposal itself should be a maximum of 9 pages, anything longer will be administratively triaged and will not be considered by the committee.
** The funds from these awards are intended to directly fund the research contained within this proposal. No indirect institutional funding is available through this grant mechanism.
*** Recipients of these awards must demonstrate that they have the commitment for dedicated research time and effort to complete their proposed project during the year of the award. This information should be included in the Introductory Letter and letter of support letter from the Vascular Division Chief or PVSS research mentor.
**** Applicants are not eligible for award if they are funded by similar seed grants from other societies (i.e. SVS, ACS, AAS, etc.) for the same project. The absence of dual/redundant funding should be addressed in the Introductory Letter.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL ONLY NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, 2012.
PLEASE SEND TO:
Chairman, PVSS Scholarship Committee